CWT Victor Travel
101 - 8800 Dufferin Street, Concord, ON L4K 0C5
TICO registration #1892647
Tours en l'air
Canada's Word Lady, Katherine Barber
Birmingham, Oxford, and the Cotswolds
24 February – 1 March 2012
7 days, 6 nights, 2 ballet performances
Birmingham Royal Ballet
a comic tale of boots, booze, love, and laughter
from award-winning choreographer David Bintley
Daphnis and Chloe, The Two Pigeons
uplifting stories of young love’s survival when tested to breaking-point
featuring some of Frederick Ashton's most ravishing pas de deux, like this one:
Friday 24 February
Arrive Birmingham; check in to Holiday Inn, located 2 minutes walk from the Hippodrome Theatre. Early evening: Meet a BRB Dancer event or Royal Ballet Sinfonia recital.
Saturday 25 February
Day at leisure. Suggested activities: visit Birmingham's fine art gallery, with its impressive collection of pre-Raphaelite art, and take a tour of the Town Hall that looks like a Greek temple, both nearby. Also interesting are the jewellery museum and the Cadbury Experience chocolate museum. Evening: 3-course welcome dinner and performance of Hobson's Choice, about a feisty young woman defying her father to marry a poor shoemaker.
Sunday 26 February
Daytrip by private coach. Travel through the picturesque Cotswolds to the beautiful historic Blenheim Palace, birthplace of Winston Churchill. Visit the palace. Return directly to hotel.
Monday 27 February
Day trip by train to Oxford. Private guided walking tour of colleges.
Tuesday 28 February
Day at leisure. Suggested activity: take a short train ride to nearby Stratford-upon-Avon. **Possible BRB event to be confirmed.
Wednesday 29 February
Day at leisure. Three-course farewell dinner before evening performance of Daphnis and Chloe and The Two Pigeons.
Thursday 1 March
Thursday 1 March
Check out of hotel; leave Birmingham.
REGISTRATION AND DEPOSIT DUE DATE: 26 September 2011
Total Package CA$1599 per person based on double occupancy
Single supplement: CA$250
All prices valid till 26 September 2011
LAND-ONLY PACKAGE allows you the flexibility of arranging travel from your most convenient departure point, on the dates and times you prefer, and to extend your stay if you wish. Please call Victor Travel at 416-736-6010 to book your air travel.
Package price includes:
* Premium orchestra seats for 2 performances
* Birmingham Royal Ballet Dancer Talk or Royal Ballet Sinfonia Recital
* 1-year membership in the Friends of Birmingham Royal Ballet, including two issues of the magazine Entrechat
* 6 nights twin share accommodation with breakfast in the centrally located three-star Holiday Inn Smallbrook Queensway (travellers wishing to share will be put in touch with one another)
* Day excursion by private coach to the Cotswolds and Blenheim Palace, with accredited tour guide
* Admission to Blenheim Palace
* Day excursion by train to Oxford
* Private walking tour of Oxford
* Two 3-course meals
* Ballet enrichment program: ballet notes and informal pre-performance talks and post-performance reviews with tour leader
* All taxes, service fees, and surcharges
* Items of a personal nature, e.g. telephone calls
* Meals and transfers not specifically mentioned in this itinerary
* Beverages with meals
* Cancellation and hospital/medical insurance
Terms and Conditions:
Non-refundable initial deposit payment of CA$750 per person is required at time of registration, no later than 26 September 2011, to secure your space for this package**.
Single supplement, optional airfare (price available on request) and optional cancellation and hospital/medical insurance are also payable at this time.
Final payment due 2 January 2012, and total package price is fully non-refundable.
All cancellations must be received in writing at CWT Victor Travel to the attention of Lucy Nati.
RBC out-of-province health insurance and trip cancellation insurance are available through Carlson Wagonlit Victor Travel and STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. Price will vary according to birthdate. Premium must accompany the deposit and is non-refundable.
For more information: email@example.com or 416.693.4496
BALLET MAKES LIFE BETTER - GET MORE BALLET OUT OF LIFE WITH TOURS EN L'AIR
**The deposit is fully refundable in the event of cancellation of the trip by the travel agent